Thursday, April 24, 2008

Day 3 -
I am having so much fun! Yesterday, I went to my first "interview" and I go back this afternoon to teach a short session to one student. If I do well, they´ll offer me a position :D I had another meeting set for this morning...or at least I thought I did. The person I had emailed with wasn´t there. I was very early because I wasn´t sure how long it would take to get there from the guest house. I allowed an hour...it took 20 mintues...lol. Anyway, we were supposed to meet at 10. I waited (and waited) and finally left at 10:45. I guess that´s what they mean when they say "Tico Time". While I was waiting, I filled out some information and I had to answer several English language grammar questions. Does anyone know the difference between the first and second conditionals? I guessed, but I probably got it wrong.

Anyway, from there I walked a couple of blocks (up a very steep hill) and caught a taxi to Mall San Pedro. I managed to get a typical meal at the food court, bypassing the McDonald´s, Burger King, Wendy´s, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell. It is hilarious to me to see all those chain restaurants. I´ve also seen a Tony Romo´s and TGI Fridays. Most of the restaurants around here deliver, including McDonalds´s and Burger King...or you can go through the "auto-mac" or "auto-king". Too funny!

So now I´m in an internet cafe in the mall. I´m going to look around some and then go teach at 2 p.m. From there I´m going to HyperMas...basically it´s Walmart. It will be very interesting I´m sure.

By the way, I am using my Spanish ALOT. I´m having to finagle some words, but it´s amazing how much is coming back to me in such a short period of time.

I spent some time in a hammock yesterday...really enjoyed that.


No comments: