Saturday, October 11, 2008

Christmas Shopping

I had planned to travel to the Limon on the Carribean coast this weekend for the annual carnival. However, the carnival was cancelled because the city has a trash problem and the Minister of Health wouldn't issue a permit. Very interesting. I had also been told it was pretty dangerous so it all worked out for the best. Another teacher and I are planning to pass through Limon next weekend on our way to Puerto Viejo and Cahuita.

So, I took the opportunity today to explore a little bit more and get some Christmas shopping done. I took the bus into San Jose and walked through the city, stopping briefly in Parque Central to take a few pictures of the park and Catholic Church in front of it.










From there I went to the Artist Market that I've frequented several times and bought a ton of presents. Then, I went to a town north of San Jose that my Spanish teacher had told me about, Moravia. Here, I hit the mother lode. There is a street with at least a dozen souvenir stores of varying sizes and items. And, for the first time, I saw pottery pieces...lots of blue pottery pieces.



This is probably the first year that I have finished my Christmas shopping before Halloween!

No comments: