Wednesday, November 19, 2008

EARTHQUAKE!

Well, I survived my first earthquake last night. Evidently, around midnight the earth was moving and shaking. It woke me up from a dead sleep but I didn’t know what it was. In my confused, mostly asleep state of mind, I thought someone was in my room, shaking the bed. Scared me half to death! Then I thought it must have been part of a dream because there weren’t any magical creatures wrecking havoc in my room. I didn’t find out it was an earthquake until I got to school this morning and heard the other teachers talking about it. I believe that I heard it was a 6.3 quake but I’m not positive about that. The epicenter was near the Costa Rica/Panama border on the Pacific side, which is pretty good distance from me. The others in my house slept through it, as did my friend Claire and her kids. Very weird!

No comments: