Sunday, June 8, 2008

A Fun Filled Weekend

Last night, I went to a Gemini Birthday Party a Vicki's house. Vicki runs the guest house where I stayed on my scouting trip. I met several new people, spoke lots of Spanish, and ate good food. I also made a couple of contacts for additional teaching opportunities. All in all...a good time was had by all!



Today (Sunday), I went to an amusement park with Karina and Ronald. I'm not sure what to compare it to. It's not as big as a Six Flags theme park, but it is close. Lots of rides, a huge arcade, waterslides and large food court. I'm not usually one to ride rides that spin around or go upside down...and now I remember why. We rode the Disk and the Octopus. After that, I thought I was going to throw up. Needless to say, all rides after that were ones that stayed on the ground! The decorations throughout the park were very cool though.



There was also a fish pond and from the way the fish attacked the small pellets of food we threw in, you'd think the fish hadn't been fed in weeks!



There were also some street performers who put on a show in the afternoon. Very cool costumes and cute antics!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK........who's the guy you are sitting next to???
Aunt Dotsy