Saturday, September 20, 2008

Life's A Beach!

I'm on the North Pacific coast, hanging out in the sun. I've been here since Thursday evening, but it rained most of yesterday so I wasn't able to explore much. However, this morning, I briefly visited four beaches. I say briefly because I'm not much of a beach person and I was only at each long enough to stick my feet in the water and take pictures.

The first was Playa Pan de Azucar, or Sugar Beach. I ate breakfast at the Sugar Beach Hotel, overlooking this view...




From there, I went to Playa Brasilito where I saw people gathering oysters (looks like hard work)...





...which I had to walk across to get to Playa Conchal. This is a pretty neat beach, covered with very small sea shells. It's beautiful, but difficult to walk on!





My final stop was at Playa Tamarindo, the most popular tourist spot in this area...




The hotel I'm staying at is right on the beach and has a beautiful pool area. I spent several hours at the pool this afternoon, relaxing and soaking up the sun.





No comments: