Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Trip To Turtle Island

On Saturday, I took a tour to Isla Tortuga, or Turtle Island, so named because of the way it looks from the water...not because there are lots of turtles. The trip started early (I met the tour bus at 6 a.m.) and we stopped for a typical Costa Rican breakfast along the way. The view from the restaurant was beautiful, of course, and I got some great photos of the various trees and cacti around the restaurant.







Once we boarded the boat, the real fun began. The weather was wonderful, the vista was beautiful, and the music was fun and fiesty...







When we reached Isla Tortuga, I went snorkeling. I took pictures with an underwater disponsible camera. I have to get those pictures developed, but they are worth waiting for. I saw some of the most gorgeous fish...multicolored fish with brilliant colors and designs. I'll post those as soon as I get them back.

The island has a small beach and caters to tourists. The water was gorgeous, the sand was clean and white, and the metal building housed a huge souvenir store. Like I said...catering to the tourists!







There were a couple of exotic animals on the island. A very smart parrot that repeated what others said and a creepy looking boar that wandered the souvenir shop.




All in all, it was a wonderful day and I was exhausted when I finally got home around 8 p.m. I forgot to put sunscreen on my nose so I looked like Rudolph today but it was worth it for the fun I had! To see more photos, click here.

2 comments:

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Thinkest whot of my jolly blog?
Benevolent?
Bombastic?
Belligerent?
Bewildering?
Bawlsy?
tok2me

God blessa youse -Fr. Sarducci, SNL

Connie said...

I am so jealous!! That was such a beautiful post! Totally made my morning!

Peace & Love.