Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Catching Up

It's been a couple of days since I posted so here's the scoop on what's been happening...

The meeting/interview at CIMA Hospital - this went really well! I like the PR Manager and she is very interested in having me help with some special projects. Next step is meeting with her boss. Hopefully, that will happen in the next couple of days. As a side note, 90% of the meeting was in Spanish...and I understood about 90% of what was said!

My new students - two of the three brothers I'm teaching have proven to be good students. The third has no interest and has stopped coming to our classes. Working with them is mentally exhausting for me because they know virtually no English. I have to explain everything in Spanish. This is a great opportunity for me to practice but doing so for two solid hours is difficult. We've worked on basic greeting and questions, days of the week, months of the year, numbers through 20, and the verbs To Be, To Have, To Do and To Make.

Contacting me - I ordered a Vonage phone adapter and a friend from Hattiesburg brought it to Costa Rica when he came to see his wife who lives here. Naturally, I got a box that doesn't work. So I've sent it back via Adan who is headed to the States this week. Rather than go through all the rigamoroll of trying to get a new one here, I've found new options with Skype. Want to call me? You can call my computer by dialing (504) 322-3475. Supposedly, I have voicemail as well, but I haven't been able to test it.

No comments: