Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sabana Park

This morning, I got up relatively early and took the bus (by myself!) to Sabana Park. The park is only about a 10 minute bus ride from where I live and it's a lot like Central Park in New York City. Sabana Park is huge and on the weekends there are lots of people out there. I walked around most of the park today and saw all kinds of activities...

Aerobics Class - my friend Julia goes to this class 4 or 5 times a week




Basketball Games -



Baseball Games - I sat and watched the first inning. Saw a beautiful double play on 1st and Home, a bunt sacrifice to put runners on 2nd and 3rd, a Grand Slam, and the third baseman get wiped out by the runner stealing from 2nd.




Pick Up "Futbol" Games and League "Futbol" Games -






Bike Jumping -





Fishing -



Pony Rides for the Kids -




It was very interesting to see all the food/drinks/things for sell...

Fresh Squeezed Juice -



Kites -



Ice Cream -



and all kinds of snacks, drinks, etc...no vender license necessary!



Sabana Park is the largest area of trees in the San Jose area. There is also a huge lake, sculptures and plenty of places for families to hang out and enjoy the day.










By the way...the bus ride to and from Sabana Park cost me less than $1.50 total.

No comments: