Monday, July 7, 2008

Life in a Tico Family

My aunt emailed me today and asked why I hadn't posted in two days. So, I guess I need to be more conscientious about my posting! Just a couple of quick sound bites tonight...

I'm really enjoying where I am living. So far, it's the perfect mix of family time, Spanish "lessons", and privacy. Alejandro and I spent some time yesterday afternoon putting together a couple of puzzles. He's a cutie! Of course, I can't understand most of what he says...I have problems understanding Rhett (my nephew) sometimes and he speaks English. So Spanish from an almost 6 year old is very difficult! Also, as part of my rent, I am included in breakfast and dinner meals. I've had several wonderful "typical" meals and have asked Eugenia to teach me how to make a couple of the more popular dishes so I can share with my family and friends when I get home. Since no one here speaks English (just a few words here and there), it's all Spanish all the time. At this rate, I'll be fluent in 2 months!

Eugenia and I went to water aerobics this morning. The class meets on Monday, Wedneday and Friday mornings at 8 a.m. Aside from having to actually set an alarm clock, something I haven't done much while here, I enjoyed the morning. At one point during the class, I was looking at all the trees around the pool and the gorgeous blue sky, with the sun shining on me, and I started thinking about being back in an office working. That thought was followed by...hell no! Why would I want that when I can be HERE?? I didn't have my camera this morning but plan to take pictures on Wednesday and will post photos of the pool and scenery.

My friend Beth will be here on Friday for nine nights and I have lots planned for us. So, next week, I should have lots to post about. Who knows...maybe I'll ask her to "guest" post as well!

No comments: